Friday, August 13, 2010

Feline Friday - Playing Nurse Maid

Muffin ~ the healthiest of the bunch
Wally~still not feeling up to snuff

Clarence~the tiniest
Erma~finally eating again & feeling a little better

Oh the joys of fostering!
I'm behind on painting, blogging, housework & pretty much everything else since my 4-legged furballs moved in!  This past week has been a roller coaster ride with my 4 foster babies.  When one gets better, another gets worse, when one starts eating again, another stops & so on & so on.  I've been running back & forth to the shelter clinic with 1, 2 or 3 kitties for sub-q fluids, sitting in steamy bathrooms with them, syringe feeding when they won't eat & giving meds & nosedrops. This is the first time I've had really sick babies & it is NO fun at all!  I feel so bad for them.  It's just so hard to see them stuffed up & feeling so miserable.  I'm used to romping & playing & snarfing food & kitty scratches.  Now I'm thrilled just to see them eating!

Muffin, the long-legged gray girl is my only healthy one.  She's still sneezing a little but other than that she eats like a pig & plays nonstop! She's really been enjoying trying out all the different foods I've been offering the other 3 trying to get them to eat. She's getting the "Kitty Buffet" 3 times a day - ha!

Hopefully my 3 sickos will be on the rebound soon.  It's been a week & a half & I think they've gone through the worst of it.  Next time around if I'm bringing home sick kitties I think I'll just take 2.  Having 4 sick ones at a time is almost more than I can handle.  They are such sweethearts though! Even after I've stuck 3 syringes in their mouth they come right over & curl up on my lap!

I'm still working on my commissioned painting (between kitten care shifts) & then I can't wait to get started on some Fall & Halloween creations!  My FAVORITE time of year is almost here!

HAPPY WEEKEND!!!


4 comments:

Pumpkinpuddy said...

Mom can't imagine having 4 sick kitties all at once. She had one sick kitty one time and it was miserable. Broke her heart to see the kitty sick.

Jill said...

Oh I know! One is bad enough but 4 is just awful! Hopefully they'll be healthy again soon!

Inigo Flufflebum and d'Artagnan Rumblepurr said...

We're sending SUPER big healing purrs for the poor sick babies. We hope you're doing ok.

Art and Sew Forth said...

You are a savior! How sweet to do the yucky stuff for the love of kitties. Hope this week is a better one!