Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar Night!


I always enjoy watching the Academy Awards but something's bugging me this year. With the economy the way it is & the multiple tragedies around the world that have killed & left millions homeless & suffering I just find it hard to stomach all the talk about designer gowns & jewels & gift baskets worth thousands of dollars to stars who can afford all that stuff themselves & frankly don't need it. Why don't those suppliers give something to Haiti, Chile or France instead?


Ok, I'll quit griping. I admit I love going to the movies & read an occasional Enquirer. I just think the stars make way too much money & should give some back! On that note, yes I'm still going to watch the show even if I'm grumbling under my breath. I can't miss Alec & Steve hosting together ~ that should be a riot! And I'm rooting for Sandra Bullock. It's her time!


Bring on the popcorn!

No comments: