Wednesday, June 23, 2010

BACK & Playing Catch-Up!

Eagle Bluff Lighthouse
Mom & I stocking up our wine cart!
Cute goats on the roof at Al Johnson's
Cana Island Lighthouse
Cave Point State Park

Gorgeous Bluffs by Green Bay
Beautiful Harbors

I MISS WISCONSIN!!! 
We had the most wonderful vacation week in DOOR COUNTY
It's absolutely GORGEOUS & the weather was PURRFECT ~ nice & cool 60s & 70s.  Ahhh...it's hard coming back to Kansas & adjusting to humid upper 90s sweat...drip...
I won't bore you with a bunch of stories & pictures but I'd like to just make a quick list of some of my FAVORITE things about our trip!  Here they are...

 Our lovely rental home in the woods of Fish Creek
Watching the deer come to the feeder in our backyard
Making s'mores & roasting hotdogs over our fire pit
Hiking the shoreline & wooded trails
Eagle Bluff Lighthouse & climbing to the top of Cana Island Lighthouse
Fish Boil at the Old Post Office restaurant in Sister Bay
The "Haunted Door County" Trolley Tour
Door Peninsula Winery & Stone's Throw Winery
Taking the car ferry over to Washington Island
Cherry Train Tour on Washington Island
Cherry Swedish Pancakes at Al Johnson's Restaurant - yum!
The goats on the roof at Al Johnson's - so cute
Relaxing on the beach at Whitefish Dunes on Lake Michigan
Seeing a mama & baby racoons in Peninsula State Park - so sweet!
Beautiful sunsets over Green Bay
Cherry-stuffed French toast at the White Gull Inn
So many neat shops & restaurants!
My favorite shop-Kitty Korner!  (more on that later)
Lovely COOL weather & flowers everywhere!
Quality time with my family

Well, that list turned out to be pretty long.  I could add several more things to it actually but I'll stop. 
Since I got home late Saturday I've been in catch-up mode.  I opened the SHOP back up Sunday & have had several orders in the last few days (yay) so I've been busy packing, shipping, updating & now I need to get busy CREATING new things for the shop! 
Today I'm spending some time catching up on all YOUR blogs, getting some inspiration & commenting.  All this "networking" is hard work isn't it? - ha!  People keep telling me to Twitter & I've been meaning to but ... good grief ... I have a hard enough time keeping up with my blog, shop, facebook & everything else.  Whew!  Someday soon I will give in & join the world of tweeting.

This post is getting long enough!  Thanks so much if your reading has made it down this far!
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!! xox purrrs

3 comments:

Janine said...

Lake Michigan looks soooo beautiful andthe goats on the roof are fabulous.
I can imagine you miss it.
Hugs
Janine

The Creek Cats said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful trip! Welcome back!
~The Creek Cats and Maggie May~

meowmeowmans said...

Those are great pictures! We especially love the goats on the roof. :)

Welcome home!