Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Twin Witches


Can you tell I LOVE Halloween??? I'm just full of ideas & staying up waaay too late at night painting away! I can't seem to paint fast enough to get all the projects done that I want to, but that's not the point anyway is it? Painting should be relaxing & calming which it usually is. It's just hard when I'm working on one painting & thinking about the next one! I'm also WAY too particular with my lines & edges & spend extra time getting all the details just right. I've tried before to loosen up my strokes & give my paintings a freer, more casual feeling but my hand just keeps going back to its old tricks. I've decided that is just MY style so why fight it? I love the look of rough edges, dry brush strokes & shading but I'm just better with my clean edges & flat color so I'm sticking with that (for now) & maybe incorporate in some of those other qualities here & there.

Anyway ~ "Twin Witches" is up for grabs on EBAY right here! BOO!!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

This is sooo cute! I love their sweet faces and their matching orange hair! : )

Poppy Q said...

Your halloween girl and kitty are very sweet Jill, and your style is awesome.

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Your description of how your paint sounds exactly like mine! I admire greatly people who just paint their heart away in strokes and overlays but this style does not seem to be for me... Great Halloween paintings! Take care, LuLu

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Your description of how your paint sounds exactly like mine! I admire greatly people who just paint their heart away in strokes and overlays but this style does not seem to be for me... Great Halloween paintings! Take care, LuLu