Thursday, January 14, 2010

Frosty Morning


A few days ago we woke up to the most beautiful scene outside! It was foggy & cold & everything was covered with what they called "Hoar Frost". I'd never heard that term before. (a strange word for frost if you ask me) Anyway, I looked it up & it's defined as "frost that forms when water vapor condenses out of the air & immediately freezes on surfaces that are chilled below 32 degrees." There is your science lesson for the day - ha. I heard the newspeople calling it "frozen fog" too. I think I prefer that name. It was just gorgeous though! My pictures I took behind our house don't do it justice. It looked as if everything had been sprayed down with that artificial snow in a can ~ so fluffy & pretty!
Last week we were in the single digits ~ this week we've had 50 degree days! That's Kansas for you. I want some more SNOW!!! Happy Thursday blogger friends! xoxox

1 comment:

Susan said...

Beautiful picture. I can't help but act like Beavis and Butthead when I hear that term. Have a great weekend.