Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!


I didn't want the day to go by without wishing all the moms in the world a very happy Mother's Day! I hope all of you got to do something very special today to celebrate the greatest (& hardest) job in the world!

I had a wonderful day! I told my husband I didn't want any presents today, I just wanted a day to myself where I didn't have to cook, clean, help with homework or drive kids anywhere. I got all that & more! After sleeping in on a rainy morning my hubby made french toast for breakfast & my daughter brought me a Starbucks latte. Later I turned on some 70s music & spent the afternoon painting. Tomorrow I'll show you what I made! I had a nice long chat with my mom a while ago & now I have the house to myself for a little while cuz the rest of the family went to a movie. Ahhhh... peace & quiet!

My good friend & customer Heather sent me this precious video you have to watch! It just melts my heart! I keep watching it over & over & it just brings tears to my eyes. What wonderful mothers those creatures are!

I will leave you with a few of my favorite quotes about moms:


"A mother is a person who seeing there are only 4 pieces of pie for 5 people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." ~ Tenneva Jordan


"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

1 comment:

snippetgirl said...

A belated Happy Mother's Day to you!!!!!!!!!! It sounds like you had a purrfect day :). I know you deserved it!
I have seen this video before and could watch it over and over. So amazing and sweet. Animals are such great examples for humans.
Have a wonderful week!!
xoxo Carrie
p.s. I am gearing up to pick my giveaway winners and blog about a tiny kitten i rescued last night. Stop on by later :).