I bought an old tablecloth at an antique store several weeks ago (really cheap) & knew right away I wanted to make pillows out of it. I loved the bright old fashioned flowers on it & thought it would brighten up our dull couch.
I finally got the sewing machine dusted off last weekend & thought I'd whip them up in an hour or 2. After all, it's just a quick pinning, sewing a few straight seams, stuffing the pillow form in & stitching them closed right? Well, I sewed 3 sides of the first pillow before I turned the material over & realized the other side was a big mess of tangled thread! It took me a while before I figured out my "thread tension" knob had gotten moved & was set on 0! I had to rip out all the seams & then was not in the mood to mess with it anymore that day so started up again the next day. Got the first pillow done but when I began stuffing in the pillow form I realized I hadn't left a big enough opening so it was on to more seam ripping & fixing. Ugh. The 2nd pillow went more smoothly but halfway through I ran out of bobbin thread. I hate when that happens! Last night I finished hand stitching them both closed & it was all I could do to keep Zoolou from attacking the thread as I pulled it in & out! Anyway, they are all done now & looking bright & happy on my boring couch. Zoolou tried one out for size & seemed to approve - ha!
My next door neighbor is fostering 2 kittens right now & I get to kittysit them while she's out of town this week. They are so adorable & just romp & play & do all those cute kitty things! I'll have to take some pictures & post them.
Hope you're all having a great Monday!