Monday, November 30, 2009

First Sunday of Advent


Ok, I'm a day late with this post but I wanted to show off my new Advent candle holder I got after Mass yesterday. Our church actually had NEW ones this year ~ much better than the lame wobbly, bendy one I got several years ago that I quit using for fear it would break & set the house on fire. This black metal votive holder is pretty cool I think. I like the simpleness of it & the votives are much easier than tapers.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving week but I'm ready to STAY HOME for a while & get busy creating. I traveled to 3 different cities last week! Weston, MO with girlfriends for the Holiday Homes Tour, Oklahoma City with my mom to my sister's house for the Jim Brickman concert, & Abilene, KS for Thanksgiving at my in-laws. Whew!!! All fun trips but the week flew by too fast & I'm VERY behind on my Christmas paintings! I have 2 canvases sketched out & ready to go so after my shift at the Humane Society tomorrow I'll get busy on them. I wish my shopping was done so I could just paint, sew, bake & wrap all month!

Hope you all had a nice holiday. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's Christmas creations!

No comments: