Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Nasty Kitty Colds!

Poor little Charlie & Chia just can't seem to shake their nasty colds!  I took them in last Friday for a checkup & they were doing great!  Clear eyes, no congestion & only a sneeze every now & then.  They were almost allowed to stay at the Humane Society but when they both sneezed there in the foster coordinator's office we all decided I'd keep them a while longer & make sure they got completely healthy.
Well...it seems ever since I brought them back home they've relapsed & gotten progressively worse every day.  Sniffles & sneezes galore & this morning when I saw Chia's eyes red-rimmed & she didn't even want to get up & head bonk me I knew it was time to call the clinic vet.  Charlie's eyes were getting teary too & I could tell poor Chia had a fever, she felt so warm. 
GOOD NEWS is ~ I took them both in this afternoon & after a single dose of anti-inflammatory & their first dose of Zithromax they are already on the rebound & happy kitties again! 
Don't you just hate it when your cats are sick & you feel so helpless???  I'm so glad they're feeling better & now I'm trying to keep them from being TOO active so they can rest & get well!

On a CREATIVE note ~ I'm about halfway through a new painting & just keep getting interrupted by kids & cats!  It will definitely be finished tomorrow & I'll post it either then or Friday.
Tomorrow morning I take my kitty Markie to the vet for his annual exam & vaccs.  I'm already dreading the howling in the car!  Sighhhhh...

1 comment:

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

We're both sending lots of purrs that everyone is feeling way better soon!!

(and sending a little snuggle to you for being an excellent kitty mummy)