Monday, February 8, 2010

6" of Snow & No School!







We got the most beautiful wonderfully wet snow overnight & woke up to around 6" & school cancelled! It's so fun to go knock on my kids' doors & tell them "NO SCHOOL! You can sleep in!" They are so excited, especially when it's a Monday! Then I usually go back to bed for a while myself. I hurried & got a few pictures before the snow started falling off the tree branches. It's SO pretty!

A good day to hunker down in my studio & work on my next project. Think I'll have to take a break & make some of my famous pumpkin bread later too! It makes the house smell sooo good ~ Yum! I finished my Mardi Gras painting last night & will post it on my blog & Ebay later today.

How about that game yesterday??? Both teams played SO well & I don't think I've ever seen so many completed passes before! That surprise onside kick by the Saints & interception for a td were just priceless! So happy for New Orleans. Can you imagine how CRAZY Mardi Gras is gonna be now? I think it's already started!

Happy Monday to ya! What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love your paintings. We had the snow last week and are getting more tomorrow. I love to watch it, knowing I don't have to get out in it any more. I watched Animal Planet's Puppy bowl and boy was it a hoot. Stay warm and keep creating!