Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fun Easter Weekend!

Kayla & I takin' a break from our hike at Chisholm Creek Park

Did you have a fun Easter weekend?  We sure did!  With the kids going to a Catholic school they had Good Friday & Easter Monday off so we had a nice long 4 days of relaxation.  PERFECT weather, steaks on the grill, hikes in the woods, Easter egg dying, baskets full of candy & iTunes/Starbucks gift cards, Easter Sunday Mass, & a walk to the ice cream shop!  Doesn't get much better than that!
Cole on the creek

On our hike in the woods we spotted a deer which is rare in the middle of the day!  Can you see her?  I couldn't believe how close she let us get!  My son Cole also spotted a turkey running along the creek.  I love seeing wildlife!
Deer hiding in the trees

You're never too old to DYE Easter eggs!  My 17 yr. old Shelby & her boyfriend had a blast making their creations (& a huge mess).  They did clean it up afterwards!

I don't think I've ever seen our Bradford Pear bloom so full & pretty!  I just hope these WINDY days we've been having don't blow all the blossoms off too soon.  This is the tree I see out my studio window!
Our bloomin' backyard tree!

Kayla & Koda spent some lounge time in the backyard.  Good weather...good book...good dog.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend too!

I took the weekend off from my classes & studio but working on some new note cards later today.  Right now I'm off to the Humane Society for my volunteer day. 

3 comments:

Susan said...

Great pictures. Looks like a good time was had by all. (the deer included)

amanda said...

i love when everything starts to bloom in the springtime. thanks for the follow! i followed back! : ) have an awesome day...

amanda

Anonymous said...

looks like a great day. I'm following you- drop by my blog when you have a minute :)

www.paperflora2.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PaperFlora
http://twitter.com/PaperFlora2