Saturday, May 29, 2010

I Made a Doll Today!

I've always wanted to make a cute CAT DOLL & today I finally did! 

I've seen so many cute dolls in other shops & thought it would be fun to come up with my own version.  I just took an outline of one of my cat heads, sketched a simple body, cut out paper patterns & fabric, sewed, painted & VOILA!  I love how she turned out!  I don't think I've ever painted on fabric before but it was SO fun!  I thought about adding arms & legs but decided to do a simple "leggless" version for my first try.  Maybe my next one will have legs & perhaps a TAIL

Now I think she needs a name & her own little story.  Hmmmmm...

I have lots of cute fabric I bought a while back so I see lots more kitty dolls in the near future!

MEOW!

11 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

That is really cute! :)

The Creek Cats said...

SO CUTE!! Love it!

Thanks so much for stopping by and celebrating Saylor's birthday! We've entered you in our giveaway!

Bengal Duo ~ Zulu and Deene said...

I love it! So cute =^_^= nice job! Fangs fur visiting us PURRS

efka i koty said...

Sweet kitty :-)

Marg said...

That is wonderful. I really like that cat doll. You did a great job. Can't wait to see what is next.
Have a great day.

Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider said...

WOw. THat's a great doll!!

=^..^=
Cokie

Amy Seager said...

Oh my word I LOVE it!
So cute!

Aimee
x

Forever Foster said...

What a beautiful kitty! We also really like your St. Francis. You are very talented :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, that dollie is super~duper cute!!! Thanx for popping over the other day! We're followers now!

Sniffs & Scratches~
The Kool~Kittie~Krew

Susan said...

I agree, too cute!

Jill said...

Thank you so much for the nice comments everybody! It makes my day!